Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My first long drive...

I love long drives. You enjoy the weather, your friend's company, nature and love. I dream of driving from Bangalore to Mumbai, a distance of 1000 kms. I have decided to take it step by step.
I took a short trip to Hogenakkal, about 180 kms from Bangalore. I set upon the journey with three of my friends. We started at 8 am. Reached there at 11. Enroute, the masala dosa at Krishnagiri was awesome.
This was my fourth trip to Hogenakkal. There are so many waterfalls in the vicinity. But few things make it extra special.

The first thing is the view of the falls. It's essentially a horseshoe shaped waterfalls. The best time to visit the falls is between November to February (valentines day might be a good option). This is the time when  most parts of the waterfalls is in full flow, and boating (the second best thing) is allowed.







The second best thing is the fruit basket shaped boat. A ride on it is something really awe inspiring. The way you splash water on your fellow boat mates, the way the boatman takes you below the falls and gets you wet, the way he rotates the boat with his oar and the way you have fish on it (the third best thing), it is just awesome...
Avoid monsoon season. Boating will not be fun then.


The third best thing is the fish fry you get on the banks of the river. The fishes are freshly caught and fried. Very few things can taste better than this...











The last thing you do is have a wonderful bath. Forget your hygiene lessons for a couple of hours. You will enjoy these hours. If you know swimming, it is a bonus. Swim!!! :)







We left the place at 4 pm. Reached by 7 pm. What did I miss mentioning?
I drove the entire strech to and fro.
My friends loved the way I drove. I feel a much better driver now, as well  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment